This Spade Trim tool is made from high carbon knife-quality steel that has been heat treated and quenched in oil to give the blades maximum hardness and durability. The high carbon steel takes and holds a much sharper edge than stainless steel, they are able to tackle even highly-grogged clays and plaster.
Tips For Use:
- The tool is durable, but not indestructible.
- Keep tools clean and dry when not in use.
- Do not leave tools soaking in water or slurry for extended periods of time.
- Periodically apply a light coat of oil to the both the blade and handle.
- Sharpen using an oil or water whetstone.
- Do not sharpen using a file.
- Do not sharpen with a power grinder. This will heat the steel, which changes the temper and destroys the tool.